Thank you for your interest in Maytree Press.
Before you consider sending us your poetry manuscripts, we would strongly advise you consider the following points:
1 – Familiarise yourself with our flagship online site The Poetry Village. We recommend that you get to know the type of poetry and projects featured and, if you haven’t already, submit in the first instance or talk to us about a ground breaking project that’s really going to get people talking about your work.
2 – Consider who will buy your pamphlet. Do you have your own website? Have you got a good social media presence? Are you a confident reader of your work and will you be able to arrange local launch events?
3 – Do you have sufficient funding to be able to purchase your allocated author copies of your collection – we would recommend a minimum of 100 at the reduced author rate.
4 – Is your work ready – have you got a publishing history with both on-line and print journals?
If you are confident that you are ready to submit then we would love to hear from you. Please read the following guidelines carefully – we really do look forward to hearing from you.
- Please send a sample of ten poems as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words Maytree Press Submission in the title field
- We are currently accepting submissions for both debut collections from new or emerging poets and submissions from established poets with previous collections published.
- We actively encourage and welcome diverse submissions and would love to see more poetry submitted from women, BAME, disabled and LGBTQ poets and those traditionally under-represented in poetry publishing.
- Please submit a sample of ten poems in one document from your full collection in the first instance. Please also include a short biographical note, which should include information of any previous or forthcoming publication (in magazines, journals, pamphlets, collections, online etc.).
- Please only submit previously unpublished work. By this, we mean that the complete collection of poems you are sending us should not have already been published either in physical form, as an e-book or online together as one complete publication. This includes self-publication. Publication of individual poems in various or selected magazines, journals, or e-magazines is fine.
- Please do not make multiple submissions, either by sending us work you have also simultaneously submitted to other publishers, or by sending further work for us to consider before we have responded to your first submission.
- Please allow at least twelve weeks for a reply with regard to your submission. If you have not heard anything after this time then feel free to give us a nudge.